Welcome

Welcome to the Gallery of An Invitation To Scrap where I will share my paper-crafting journey with you. My aim is to give you some inspiration and ideas through the sharing of my work and the links to other wonderful papercrafters.

Enjoy your paper journey through life and remember that your work is a wonderful legacy for the next generations.

Happy Scrapping
Paper Doll


Tuesday 14 June 2011

Got the mojo happening and did a spot of scrapbooking

While the website server was down :( I did spend some time scrapping. I finished off a couple of layouts from the retreat a few weeks ago and then worked on some photos, both new and older ones. Going through photos and reminiscing over the older ones took me back years.

Always Bonnie is photos of one of my daughter's friends, a bubbly delightful girl, full of energy and effervescence. The girls were at the pool with the waterproof camera, mucking around taking pics pc each other just for fun.

Materials used -  textured card, A2Z Scraplets chipboard banner

Always Bonnie
Grandmas Girls is a photo of my beautiful grand-daughters, taken quite a few months ago. They are a busy little pair who keep us entertained non-stop.

Materials used - textured card, Prima paper, Dusty Attic chipboard doily, RW Laser Cut chipboard butterfly, A2Z Scraplets chipboard words, Bella brads and hand made crocheted flowers. The chipboard has all been inked and misted with Glimmermist pearl and the title is a combination of two A2Z words. I needed the word girls for this particular title, so simply snipped the 's' off another Scraplet of the same size, ensuring it was still a usable word - sweethearts became sweetheart. The flowers I crocheted using a wonderfully soft and fine bamboo yarn. The colors of the yarn are beautiful and they are so easy to make and simply fixed to the page with a rhinestone brad.

Grandmas Girls

Having finished the above pages, I went in search of more photos to scrap. The ones I worked on where close to the heart. Working on those sort of photos is quite therapeutic and I have, at times found this a great release of emotion and a way to sift through feelings.


Happy 3rd Birthday is my first grand-daughter's birthday. We spent the day with her and her mum celebrating it. She was so excited about having a birthday and I'd made a piggy cake for her. My husband, daughter, stepson and I had a great day with them.

Materials used - textured card, handmade flowers and Flourish with a Bling embellishment.The flowers are simply a combination of 'cheapy' flowers dissected and re-created to suit and held together with a large pearl brad. The 'Flourish with a Bling' leafy vine was cut into pieces to fit around the photo and flowers.

Happy 3rd Birthday

Mothers Day is a very special page. The photo is very ordinary (and even harder to see here) but it is the memory of the day that is important. My daughter's school celebrates Mother's Day with a lunch and this year is the last year of primary school for all of my children. It'll be the last celebration of its kind and although I'm happy to see my daughter go off to High School, I'll miss the Primary School family days. I've been attending these days since my first child started Pre-School 24 years ago. That sounds such a long time ago and while it is, it is also still fresh in my mind. At the same time, my stepson and grand-daughter are in early Primary School and Pre-School respectively, so chances are these days will still be part of my life for a long time yet.

Materials used -  textured card, MME paper kit, Bella brads, handmade flowers and WOW chipboard title. The chipboard is inked and embossed with an iridescent powder for a subtle addition of bling. I love the look of this chippie, it's elegant and the 'dropped' style work so well.

Always consider when looking at chipboard words that they can be cut and arranged to suit your layout. Many other designs can be cut to create an individual look for your own use.

Mothers Day


The last one - I Love Poppy -is a very sentimental one. This is the last photo taken of Poppy with his grand-daughter before she and her family moved towns. We will miss seeing them as much as we did but they are always in our hearts, especially the kids as they grow and change so much, so quickly.

Materials used -  textured card, A2Z Scraplet chipboards, Dusty Attic chipboard frame, Bella notelet.

I Love Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment