Welcome

Welcome to the Gallery of An Invitation To Scrap where I will share my paper-crafting journey with you. My aim is to give you some inspiration and ideas through the sharing of my work and the links to other wonderful papercrafters.

Enjoy your paper journey through life and remember that your work is a wonderful legacy for the next generations.

Happy Scrapping
Paper Doll


Wednesday 22 June 2011

Great news

After receiving notification that all our website data had been lost in the damage caused to our server host by hackers over a week ago things were looking rather ordinary. All automatic backups were lost and absolutely nothing is retrievable. We were looking at a huge amount of work to sort it all out, re-establish our website, all the costs involved again and worst of all, the time it takes to set sites up. I can tell you my head was spinning. This could not have hit at a worse time, end of financial year, sale time and the launch of our magazine advertising campaign in Scrapbook Creations. What the heck were we going to do?

Thankfully I had used a great local IT person to develop the site and he has a backup on file, albeit somewhat behind where we were as I had been busy with the site in recent weeks and a huge amount of stock had been uploaded since the last backup. He is working frantically to get all our domain name etc released from the original host, has already organized a new host site and hopefully it will be back up by tonight. The main thing is that the website is still there, the updating of stock and components I had been 'tweaking' can all be replaced, all that involves is time - lots of time but I will be spending every waking moment on it in order to get back to where we were.

Most of our client list has gone so please, log back in and enter your details again to receive the updates and info that is emailed to our client base. We also lost all the records of sales which will make for some interesting accounting for the tax man. On the upside, while I have to actually go through every bit of stock to redo all the quantities on site it does at least address stocktake! I dread that/those day/days.

To thank all our loyal customers and those who choose to use our site during the relaunch or the website and advertising campaign, there will be huge discounts on stock which will be applied as I reload it all. What is already still online will have discounts applied too, so keep checking in regularly as you will find more each day.

I thank you for your patience, this has been a somewhat stressful time for us but this little black duck or should I say this little paper doll let this stand in the way of our dream. We are your One Stop Chipboard Shop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment