Welcome

Welcome to the Gallery of An Invitation To Scrap where I will share my paper-crafting journey with you. My aim is to give you some inspiration and ideas through the sharing of my work and the links to other wonderful papercrafters.

Enjoy your paper journey through life and remember that your work is a wonderful legacy for the next generations.

Happy Scrapping
Paper Doll


Wednesday 27 July 2011

The mojo is back!

The last few weeks have been intensely busy getting the website back in order and somewhere along the line mojo got lost. Well, to be honest mojo had no hope of getting out so I think he just went into hiding. I have finally caught up with everything and after clearing my scrap space I found him, right at the back under a pile of chipboards I was intending to use on pages. We became reacquainted and I've put together a few pages.

The first one is what I call my warm up page. For some reason, after a break from scrapping I do a really basic page and then get deeper into the layouts after that. I guess it's whatever works for someone and that's what works for me. 

St. Kilda V Brisbane -  a couple of years ago we managed to get a footy game in Melbourne with both teams playing and on a weekend we could get there! 

St Kilda V Brisbane
 Materials used: Textured card, WOW football corner, RW Laser Cuts (now made by WOW) AFL Football title, Scenic Route paper and Lil Davis frame. The chipboard has simply been inked for color, using two colors on the title piece.

Magnificent Ape - Ok, warm up one done, now onto another. Still a simple page using a photo taken a few years ago on a trip to the Melbourne Zoo. The gorillas are such an amazing creature, so big but yet there is a gentleness about them. The male is truly a magnificent ape, hence the title.

Magnificent Ape
Materials used: Kraft cardstock, Scenic Route paper, RW Laser Cut Reeds (made by WOW), RW Laser Cut Ebony Butterfly (made by WOW) and Creative Spray. The reeds have been inked with greens and a wheat color and painted with a bit of Creative Spray to highlight them while the ebony Butterfly has been sprayed with the Creative Spray. A little of the spray has been applied to the leaves as well, just highlighting the inner parts.

The Old EH - The last one for today is a photo take many years ago - you know the ones, the kid is dressed in some daggy looking gear. Anyway forget the kid part because the page is about the vehicle. The kid I'll  scrapbook somewhere else - God love her. For this page I dug into my drawer of really old stash, I'm not even sure why I haven't thrown it out. It does show that what is old can be new again, it just needs a bit of revamping with current techniques.

The Old EH

Materials used: WOW chipboard (a new release), Pink Paislee paper and some really old bits and bobs. The chipboard has been embossed using a old rustic looking embossing powder, something along the lines of the distress powders and the like available. 

TIP - When embossing try mixing a couple of powders together, just a small quantity as not much is needed most times, and you'll be surprised at some of the fabulous effects that you can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment